Skip to content
- How often should I water my lawn?
On average one inch per week. During the cool months, one good soaking per week. When temperatures exceed 85º or during drought conditions twice per week is beneficial.
- How long do I need to wait before watering or mowing after an application?
It varies depending on the application. Some should be watered within 72 hours or before mowing whereas some require no water. Watering and mowing instructions are always left when an application is made.
- What is the best height to mow my lawn?
Under most conditions, Bermuda and Zoysia should be maintained at 1 to 2 inches. Fescue should be maintained at 2½ to 3 inches.
- Is it beneficial to bag or mulch my clippings?
With weekly mowing, no bagging is needed. However, if excessive rainfall or irregular mowing habits cause excessive height, themn it should be bagged. Mulching helps return both organic and fertilizer nutrients to the soil.
- What happens if a problem arises between applications?
Call teh office if a problem or question arises. We can help by phone or a return trip at no charge if needed.
- With fescue lawns, when is the best time to reseed?
The ideal time is September. This allows the roots to develop before the arrival of hot summer weather the following year.
- Are the applications in granular or liquid form?
It is a combination of both. Liquid applications are made in the cooler times of the year. Granular applications are made during the hotter summer months.
- As my Bermuda lawn approaches the dormant season, is there anything I can do to help my lawn?
Gradually raise the mowing height to 3 inches. This insulates the roots during the winter months and helps reduce winter damage.
- When is the best time of year to apply lime?
The best time is late fall / early winter. Lime needs 2 to 3 months to break down. If applied in late fall / early winter, teh lime will be available for the spring growth.
- How do I level out my Bermuda lawn?
Irregular ground level is smoothed by sand or top soil. Small areas can be done by shovel and rake. Overall lawn areas should be handled by professional equipment.